The Sunday Scoop

Week 2 - short weeks seem so much harder than a regular week don't they? Til I can find some way to manage my time I am just going to be blogging some sweet and short posts.

Today I am linking up with
 Teaching Trio for the Sunday Scoop!
1. So we have a new lesson plan format this year and its taken awhile to get my plans the way the school wants them and what works for me! I have been trying to do as much as I can over the weekend and still have some family time. It sure is hard some days to balance it all!

I also like to cook on Sundays so during the week all I have to do heat and go! Crock pot recipes are my favorites but, when its 96 outside it sure is NOT crock pot weather!

Yesterday I finally had the time to upgrade my phone from a 4S to a 5S. I know the new 6 is being announced this week but, I like to stay a step behind so any kinks that show up get fixed. I do love my iphone and can wait to get it all set up :)

2. Summer is the time when I really dive into reading. Just as the summer was ending I started to read The Goldfinch. Its really good and want to find some time to finish it. I hate when I can only read a few chapters a week :/

Blogging. I am still new to this and some weeks I am not sure what to write about. What do people want to see? My class? How I run things? Still working on figuring that out.

3. A Dunkin' Donuts opened a few weeks ago and I just LOVE their coffee. I can get large refills for  .99 cents! I have turned a few of my team mates on to this deal so every am I am the coffee gal :) Love it!

What are your plans for the week??

7 comments:

  1. I don't cook for the whole week, but I do plan my meals for the whole week out. I would argue that summer is the time for crockpot cooking because it doesn't heat the house up. I might do baked potatoes in mine today since it is warm here too. I am so thankful that I don't have to do mandatory lesson plan formats. What is their reasoning in forcing a format?
    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess my mindset has always been crock pot cool weather meals. I love to hear of easy recipes for all year long :)
      This year my school is implementing rigor into our lessons and classwork So they want to "see" how we are going to show it. It's soooo much more work. I am the kind of teacher who know what I am going to teach all week and just does it. Now I have to prove that my lessons are rigorous and engaging. I am sure as I get used to the format it will be easier, just very time consuming right now.

      Delete
  2. I have to agree with Sarah... summer is perfect for crock pot cooking! I like to do layered dinners in the summer because they aren't so "wintery." Meat and marinade in the bottom with a couple of foil packs of veggies on top! Thanks for linking up!
    ~Kristen
    Chalk & Apples
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Goldfinch was on my list of summer reads but I never got to it - let me know what you thought when you finish! Just upgraded to a 5s myself - have fun setting it up - the photos are so much clearer!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forget dinner....read the book! Ha!

    ReplyDelete