What is the Liebster award you ask? It is to recognize new bloggers.
The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers. It's a great way to meet new bloggers that have great content, but just haven't been noticed yet! As part of the award, I get to answer 11 questions for you to get to know me better. Then I get to nominate 11 more blog that I love! So thank YOU to Tickled Pink In Primary, Tales From Miss D for my nominations! To accept the nnominationI am going to answer 8 questions about me. Here we go!
1. What one word sums up the heart of your blog?Hands on F U N! Teaching kinders/1st graders those little bodies like to move. When we do hands on centers I see how the learning comes alive and how much fun my students are having!! It makes my heart so happy!! :)
2. What is your favorite post, or your favorite category of post?Shopping!! I love to share about all the fun things I find out there to use in my classroom. Since I have started blogging I find myself looking at items in the stores in a new way ;)
3. What one blog tip would you pass on to other bloggers?Find the time to blog!! It is so hard to fit it all in and I admit that my blog is the one thing that doesn't get enough love but, I am working on it! I am just trying to get a blog post in once a week. Weekly linky parties are one fun way to do it!
4. What one thing would you most like to learn?hmmmm well let's see..since I have so much free time( hahaha) if I did have the time I would love to learn how to knit.
5. What's your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving...love to be with my family!
6. How do you spend your summers?Laying by the pool reading! Or seeing every movie me and my boys want to see :)
7. If you could live some place else, in some other time, where would it be?I would love to go back and live in the 50's. For some reason that decade just fasinates me
8. And I GOTTA ask this :) What idea on my blog is most useful to you?I love seeing what other classrooms are doing :)
Here are my nominees for the Liebster AwardThe Way I Teach
Throw Away Your Textbook
Made For Learning
What's new With Leah
Becca The Science Girl
The Teaching Zoo
One Crazy S
Giggles and Grades with Miss Gallagher
To those nominated, here are the rules:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out."2. Answer the 8 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!)