Weekly Summer Link Up- My Summer Goals

Hi Friends! I am so excited to be starting a new summer weekly link up! I am joining
                                               
today to chat about my summer goals( even though I still have 3 weeks of school left)!

We all probably all have a looooooong list right??!! So much I want to do and we all know how summer just FLIES by!

1. Rest and Recharge!
This is my number one goal this summer! We ALL work so hard during the school year. Always going, going, going. I am reaally going to try to take time and just enjoy life! My goal is for at least 1 hour a day to get some ME time.  It may be going for a walk, sitting by the pool and reading or just binge watch some Netflix.  I think it is really important for us all to get some down time no matter what!

2. Vacation with my Family
This year we are heading up to Michigan as soon as my school year ends. We are renting a house on Lake Michigan for a week. I know my hubby will not be as excited about spending a week with my sisters and parents BUT, this year in not like others. My Dad was diagnosed with cancer last summer and this trip has always been a dream of his. SO I am going to soak up all the family time I can and make awesome memories for everyone. As sad as I am that I won't be able to make it to Vegas for the TPT conference I know that there is always next year. Family has to come first.

3. Prep for next year.
As much as we all love our summers our teacher minds never shut off! I have a list of things I want to create for TPT and ideas I want to use next school year. I also plan to devote a few hours a days to get that stuff done!

So what are you summer plans? Make sure to link up! I am off to read what everyone else wants to do. 

10 comments:

  1. Carrie,

    Thank you for linking up to my first ever Linky Party! It's thanks to teacher/author/blogger/mommies like you that keep me motivated to write throughout summer vacation!

    My wish for you is that you have a wonderful summer full of laughter and happiness with your family! I have never been to Michigan... but I do have a cottage by a lake so I know what it feels like to relax in the great outdoors!

    I hope you are able to link up again throughout the summer! Thanks again for taking part!

    Monica

    www.iheartgrade3.com
    www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/I-Heart-Grade-3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie! I am a Michigan gal....I live right on the shores of Lake Michigan in the southwest part of the state. Where are you headed to? Lake Michigan is one of my very favorite places to be in the summer and there are so many adorable little lakefront towns. Wishing you a wonderful week with countless special memories!!

    Jill
    ABCs and Polkadots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be in the Saugatuck/ Douglas area. I am really excited to be on the water like that for a week :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha your binge watching Netflix made me laugh as I have been binge watching all my DVR'd shows from the last few weeks to finish up the seasons! I will then have to switch to Netfix or refer to my standbys of Friends, and Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely take some time to relax, you've earned it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. You will treasure these vacation memories forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rest and recharge is sooo important. I am sorry to hear about your dad. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you and your family have an absolutely amazing trip full of wonderful memories! I won't be going to Vegas either, we can go together next year!!!
    Chandra @ Teaching with Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carrie,
    I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. You will never regret time spent with family. I hope you get that relaxation is because it is so important. Have fun getting ready for next year!

    Stacy
    Made with Love

    PS love your blog! I keep looking at all of the pretty colors :)

    ReplyDelete